Your Skin While You Sleep
Your skin is your body's largest organ. It provides a protective barrier, regulates body temperature, and helps to maintain the balance of water in the body. But what does your skin do while you're asleep? We have all heard of the term ‘Beauty Sleep’ and how important it is? But is it true that sleep enhances our beauty? Turns out the answer is a big ‘YES’. At Selfcare Social we dove into the research and found studies to help you explore the facts on how your skin behaves while you are asleep.
Throughout the day, our skin is exposed to a lot of challenges like harmful UV rays, pollution and repeated exposure to water which often might not be pure. This accompanied by our body’s natural ageing process causes the skin’s health and quality to deteriorate.
During the night, a quality sleep of 7-9 hours helps our skin to embark on a natural exfoliation process where it sheds the dead skin cells and repairs all the damage caused during the day.
How Sleep Affects our Skin:
- The skin repair system boosts collagen production during night time. Collagen as we all know is a protein that helps in enhancing skin’s elasticity to give a glow and reduces wrinkles.
- Sleep helps in keeping stress hormones and inflammation in control. This stops aggravation of skin conditions like acne. Using an LED Light Therapy Mask for 20 minutes before you sleep will give your skin an extra boost.
- During sleep, there is a significant rise in the blood flow. An increase in the blood circulation helps one get rid of the dullness to get a glowing complexion.
- Lack of sleep causes the skin to sag. An adequate amount of sleep gives one a healthy and happy looking skin.
- Lack of sleep is responsible for accumulation of fluids under your eyes which leads to puffy eyes. Staying up way past bedtime also causes the blood vessels near the eye region to enlarge, causing dark circles. When you snooze, the overall appearance of the eye region starts to improve.
- Skin responds better to skincare products at night. During the night, with no environmental obstacles and decreased stress levels skincare products sink in the skin well.
It's important to realise that your skin is just like any other aspect of your body; it requires nourishment and maintenance. One way to maintain your skin is to use Selfcare Social’s LED Light Mask, our customers only have good things to say about this. For any other skin related questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.